The San Diego Flute Guild is happy to host the annual Winona Grant Holiday Flute Concert, with student flute choirs sponsored by SDFG. It is open to any and all flutists and flute choirs... the more the merrier! We welcome friends, family and flute lovers to attend the concert and help us celebrate the holiday season! It is free to attend the concert (free-will donations welcome).
Sunday, December 15, 2019 from 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Peñasquitos Lutheran Church
14484 Penasquitos Dr.
San Diego, CA 92129
SDFG Student/Adult Amateur Choir Rehearsal Dates and Location:
Sundays: November 17, 24, and December 8 from 7:00-8:15pm
San Diego Flute Academy
10505 Sorrento Valley Rd.
San Diego, CA 92121
SDFG Teachers Choir Rehearsal Date and Location:Date in December and location TBD.
Membership and Eligibility Information
- The Winona Grant Holiday Flute Choir Concert is open to all students, adult amateurs and teachers.
- Membership in the San Diego Flute Guild is preferred but not required, please bring friends, and encourage them to join! This is a wonderful opportunity to build our membership, and introduce flutists to the SDFG.
- Age is not a factor in the SDFG Sponsored choir.
- This performance opportunity is free, although free will donations are accepted, and appreciated if you are so moved.
Flute Choir Descriptions
When you register for this event, you’ll see 3 registration types. You can use these descriptions to help you decide which registration type to choose.
- SDFG Sponsored Student/Adult Amateur Choir: This choir is for students who can comfortably play most major scales in two octaves, keep a steady beat and read rhythms with relative ease.
- SDFG Sponsored Teacher Choir: This choir is for any teacher who wishes to share their time and talent during the concert, and we encourage you to also bring your own studio’s privately organized flute choir.
- Privately Organized Flute Choir: This registration type is for any flute choir organized outside of the San Diego Flute Guild. Examples of this could be a group of friends from school coming together for a tune, or a teacher organizing their own studio flute choir. If you have a group - any level, any age, this is for you! Holiday music is not required. Limited spots are available for privately organized groups, so we recommend signing up early!
- SDFG Student/Amateur Flute Choir: Friday, November 15, 2019
- SDFG Teacher Choir: Sunday, December 1, 2019
- Privately Organized Flute Choirs: Sunday, December 1, 2019
Share about the event with teachers, friends, students and all flutists!