The “Chamber Fest” combines flute and/or mixed ensembles in a festival where students play in a recital setting and are adjudicated by professional flutists.
Entrants will be given a room to warm up in prior to the beginning of the event, but all should be in the recital hall (MPR) when the "Chamber Fest" recital begins. Each group will be given a few minutes off stage to tune and warm up their instruments before their performance(s). We request, as a matter of courtesy, that all performers remain to hear the full recital unless they are otherwise committed.
Each ensemble should be 2 or more flutes, or mixed instrumentation.
- Elementary – through 6th Grade
- Junior – through 9th Grade
- Senior – through 12th Grade
- Adult – non-professional adults
- Adjudication panels include one or two professional flutists.
- Judges will assign ratings of Superior, Excellent or Good based on the quality of the performance.
- All judges decisions are final.
Awards / Awards Ceremony:
- Ensemble members will be awarded ribbons (Superior, Excellent, Good) based on performance evaluation.
- An Awards Ceremony will be held following the performances where ribbons and judges comments will be given.
ELIGIBILITY & GUIDELINES:
- SDFG Chamber Fest is open to all students through high school, as well as adult amateurs performing in flute and/or mixed-instrument ensembles
- No Piano or Keyboards will be available.
- Each ensemble must consist of two or more flutes, or mixed instrumentation, and one member must be a flutist.
- All participants must enter the division of the oldest member of the ensemble.
- Participants may register to enter a maximum of 3 times, but must have unique ensembles in which to perform with for each registration.
- Performances are not to exceed 8 minutes (including tuning and set-up).
- Repertoire should be appropriate to ability level.
- Participants must bring a legible copy of the music for the adjudication panel.
- Participants are encouraged to pick a name for the ensemble – This will be used to introduce the group so be creative!
- All performers in the ensembles must be students or amateurs.
- All flutists must be 2017-18 members of SDFG to participate. Other instrumentalists do not have to be members. Please log in to check your membership status and register.
$17 per person, per ensemble
Registration & Deadlines:
Please choose one member of your ensemble to register and pay for your group, and enter each member of your ensemble as a "guest" during the registration process.
Individual payments by each member in the group should be made to the member of the group who is registering as payments may not be split.
Be sure to list the name of each member of your ensemble exactly as you'd like to see them on the program.
You must be logged in to register.
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018.