Featuring Sarah Jackson
Sarah Jackson has held the position of Piccolo for the Los Angeles Philharmonic since 2003. Prior to this, in 1993, she joined the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra (British Columbia, Canada). Sarah Jackson is a much sought after piccolo and flute teacher, and she attracts students from around the world. She has taught, led masterclasses, and performed recitals in Japan, France, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Belgium, Netherlands, Venezuela, Hong Kong, Canada, and the United States. Sarah is also an active chamber musician, soloist, clinician, and freelance artist, and has played for numerous films, CD recordings, and TV and radio broadcasts.
Sarah Jackson will offer classes and presentations during the day and a concert in the evening featuring solos works from the flute and piccolo repertoire and ensemble pieces performed with the Camp Coordinators/Staff.
8:30 - 9:30 Breakfast
9:45 - 10:15 Group Warm-Up with Sarah Jackson
10:30 - 12:00 Activities/Camp Concert Dress Rehearsal for Sarah Jackson
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
1:15 - 2:15 Presentation with Sarah Jackson
2:30 - 5:00 Masterclass with Sarah Jackson
5:00 - 6:00 Free-Time/Independent Practice/Rehearsal Time
6:00 - 7:00 Dinner
7:30 Sarah Jackson Concert
Activities are subject to change.
- The Guest Artist Day is open to the public, and flutists of all ages.
- SDFG Members - $50
- Non-SDFG Members - $55
- Masterclass Performers: $75
- Do not register here if you are attending the full 6 day flute retreat. If you are selected as a camper, you are already registered.
- There are only 50 spaces available, so please register early. After the 50 spaces have been filled, we will create a waitlist.
- Members may register with a reduced fee by logging in to this site. Members may also register additional guests at the non member fee.
- The Guest Artist Day does not include overnight stay, but does include all meals.
- Masterclass performers are requested to be advanced level only (any age) and are registered on a first come, first served basis. Limit 7 performers.