The San Diego Flute Guild invites you to compete in our new Collegiate Artist Competition.
|Preliminary Recorded Round Deadline
||Thursday, April 15, 2021
Final Live Round
|Sunday, May 23, 2021
||To Be Announced
First Place Prize: $500
Second Place Prize: $200
Third Place Prize: $100
Entry Fees, Eligibility, Requirements, & Obligations
Registration & Deadlines
Before you can register, you must first create an account and become a SDFG member.
- Complete the online membership and registration forms, and email your recordings and headshot by the April 15, 2021 (midnight PST) deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Six Finalists and two Alternates will be chosen, and all competitors will be notified by May 1, 2021 with results.
- Finalists are required to submit a completed Confirmation of Intent and Agreement to Terms and Conditions by May 10, 2021 (midnight PDT) via email.
Failure to meet any of the above deadlines may result in forfeiture of your Finalist position.
Preliminary RECORDED Round Repertoire
Entrants are to submit an audio recording of the following compulsory piece:
J.S. Bach - Partita for solo Flute, III. Sarabande & IV. Bourreé Angloise, no repeats (Bärenreiter)
Final Round Repertoire & Program
J.S. Bach - Partita for solo Flute, III. Sarabande & IV. Bourreé Angloise, all repeats (Bärenreiter)
Plus the choice of *one* of the following pieces:
V. Coleman - Danza de la Mariposa for solo Flute (Presser)
S. Karg-Elert - Sonata Appassionata (Zimmermann)
L. Liebermann - Eight Pieces, Op. 59: Ophelia, Etude, Forgotten Waltz, Etude, Hongroise, Cypher, Fanfares, March (Presser)
All movements must be performed on C flute and in the order listed.
A. Piazzolla - Tango Étude No. 2 pour flûte solo, with repeat (Lemoine)
Recordings should be submitted via email to Farah Zolghadr, SDFG Competition Coordinator, (email@example.com), no later than April 15th, 2021 (midnight PST).
- Recordings must be in mp3/m4a/wav/aiff audio format (no videos will be accepted as this is an anonymous round).
- For identification purposes, name your files as your first initial and last name (i.e. S.Smith.mp3)
- Please do not talk or identify yourself in any way on your submitted recording.
- The two movements must be submitted as one audio file.
- Recordings must be complete and unedited (recording breaks between movements are acceptable).
Note: All recorded files will be coded and numbered for anonymity before being submitted to the Preliminary Recorded Round adjudication panel.Should you have any questions or require further information, feel free to contact Farah Zolghadr, SDFG Competition Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.