Each year during the Spring Festival, 4 flutists are chosen to perform for our featured guest artist. Applicants may perform flute or piccolo solos, with or without piano, and any orchestral excerpt.
For the 2019 guest artist masterclass, our applicants are chosen based on requests provided with the following information:
- Name, age
- Composer / Piece / Length of work (typed as you’d like it to appear in the program)
- Teacher and teacher information
- Performer phone, email, website, photo
- Short description of your playing experience, and outline of why you should be chosen to perform at this masterclass.
- A 50-word biography (about 300 characters) for use in the program if selected.
Priority is given to those who have not yet performed in a festival masterclass.
You may also wish to have your private teacher send a recommendation to the flute guild here. This is not required, but assists the board in choosing a well rounded group of performers.
There is no fee to apply, but if you are selected there is a $50 fee.
Registration & Deadlines:
To apply to perform in the masterclass, you must first become a member of San Diego Flute Guild here.
Once you are a current member, please return to this page to register.
Application Registration Deadline: March 10th, 2019.
If chosen as a performer, you will be notified by March 18th, 2019, and invoiced $50. Your payment will confirm your participation. If payment is not complete by the payment deadline, your performance space will be given to the first alternate.
Performer Payment Deadline: March 22, 2019.