The “Chamber Fest” combines flute and/or mixed ensembles in a festival where students play in a recital format and are adjudicated by professional flutists.
Entrants will be assigned shared rooms to warm up in prior to the beginning of the event, but all should be in the recital hall (MPR) when the "Chamber Fest" recital begins. Each group will be given a few minutes off stage to tune and warm up their instruments before their performance(s). We request, as a matter of courtesy, that all performers remain to hear the full recital unless they are otherwise committed.
- Elementary (2 or more flutes or mixed instrumentation) – through 6th Grade
- Junior Duet (flutes or mixed instrumentation) – through 9th Grade
- Junior Large Ensemble – 3 or more instruments (flutes or mixed instrumentation) – through 9th Grade
- Senior Duet (flutes or mixed instrumentation) – through 12th Grade
- Senior Larger Ensemble – 3 or more instruments (flutes or mixed instrumentation) – through 12th Grade
- Adult (2 or more flutes or mixed instrumentation) – non-professional adults
- Adjudication panels include at least one professional flutist.
- Judges will assign ratings of Superior, Excellent or Good based on the quality of the performance.
- All judges decisions are final.
Awards / Awards Ceremony:
- Ensemble members will be awarded ribbons (Superior, Excellent, Good) based on performance evaluation.
- An Awards Ceremony will be held following the performances where ribbons and judges comments will be given.
ELIGIBILITY & GUIDELINES:
- SDFG Chamber Fest is open to all students through high school, as well as adult amateurs performing in flute and/or mixed-instrument ensembles (no Piano or Keyboards will be available).
- All participants must enter the division of the oldest member of the ensemble.
- Participants may register to enter a maximum of 3 divisions.
- Participants may not register to perform with more than one ensemble in any division entered.
- Performances are not to exceed 8 minutes (including tuning and set-up).
- Repertoire should be appropriate to ability level.
- Mixed Ensembles must include at least one flute player.
- Participants must bring a legible copy of the music for the adjudication panel.
- Participants are encouraged to pick a name for the ensemble – This will be used to introduce the group so be creative!
- All performers in the ensembles must be students or amateurs.
- All flutists must be 2016-17 members of SDFG to participate. Other instrumentalists do not have to be members, but there must be one flutist in any mixed-ensemble. Please log in to check your membership status and register.
$10 per person, per ensemble
Registration & Deadlines:
Please choose one member of your ensemble to register your group, and list each member of your ensemble as a "guest" during the registration process. Be sure to list their names exactly as you'd like to see them on the program. You must be logged in to register.
Registration Deadline: Sunday, January 22nd, 2017